Saturday, July 30, 2011

I have intervals on my training plan.  Honestly, I love intervals at some level. But not 800s.  Last week, my training plan called for those annoying little half mile intervals with a 400 recovery.  When I got up that morning, I had zero desire to run those intervals, and it showed when I did them.  I ran the three of the first four at a 3:18 pace, which is pretty cool, considering I was around 4:00 when I first started.  By the end of the fourth interval last week I really wanted to stop running them, head home, and get ready for work.  I finished them, but they were all over the map.

Fast forward to tonight.  I had 6 miles on the schedule, and they were supposed to be 1mile repeats with 800 recoveries.  But I didn't really want to do those miles, I really wanted another crack at those 800s.  Redemption, the theme I kept telling myself as I was running the 800s tonight.  I run using my phone, so all I know is when to start a new interval, not really how fast I am going.  These are the times I after I checked the coaching part of the app on the website.
  • 1 - 3:16 - This felt really good.
  • 2 - 3:06 - I felt good in the moment, but looking back this was a bit harder than the others.
  • 3 - 3:12 - Another good interval.  It was a bit hard but I kept telling myself I was half way there.
  • 4 - 3:19 - I know I am slowing down a bit, but don't know how much.
  • 5 - 3:20 - Felt good but I know that I am almost out of steam.
  • 6- 3:29 - I thought I was moving faster, but knew that this would be the slowest in the end.
When I looked at the rest of the info, I noticed that the recoveries were almost right on with the intervals as far as times went.  After the workout was finished, I felt really good, that feeling you get when you have had an excellent workout, knowing that you put in your best effort.  Redemption was mine; I conquered the intervals that had kicked my butt the week before.

I killed the 16 this weekend to closeout July.  These long runs have been really nice since my friends ahve been helping split the miles up. 

Have fun out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment