Thursday, June 9, 2011

My First Running Win!

Here is a post from June to help bring this blog back to the present.  Enjoy.

I ran across midpackrunner's virtual 5k post a couple of weeks ago and didn't really think much of it, as I was nearing the end of the full training for my Half.  But then I hit a snag last Tuesday and only ran 2 of my planned 5 miles in the morning.  So I figured why not give it a go, push a little 5k out in the afternoon, finishing out my planned run for the day. So I did.  I ran my 5k in 24:14, went online to the site linked above, entered my time and information, then basically forgot all about it.
Today I got this email:

Hi Max,

I wanted to write and congratulate you. Your name was randomly drawn from all the male entrants in the Spring Into Summer Virtual 5K. As such, you've won a signed copy of Bart Yasso's "My Life on the Run". Please let me know what address you'd like that shipped to, and I'll get the word out to Bart so he can personalize your book.

Congratulations! Thanks again for running and reading!

Yours in Sport,
Tim Woodbury
MidpackRunner.com
Sweet, my first running win!

Yesterday, I felt inspired during my run.  I don't know if it was the weather, it was pouring rain during my run, or if I just needed to go out and run fast, but I went out and tackled a 4 mile tempo run as fast as I have gone to date.
Mile 1: 7:38
Mile 2: 7:33
Mile 3: 7:33
Mile 4: 7:25
The whole thing, 4.25 miles took just 34 minutes.  I felt great.  This was my first run with all the miles being sub-8 minute miles.  I truly think I can pull a 10k off at this pace (I will find out in July).

Anyway, just wanted to share some awesomeness in my running.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment